To oversee the administration of and serve as Chief Executive and Accounting Officer of the Municipality.
- Develop and lead an economical, effective, efficient and accountable municipal administration,
- Carry out the task of implementing the municipality's IDP,
- Appointment of staff other than Section 57 appointees, subject to the Employment Equity Act (55) of 1998
- Maintenance of discipline of municipal staff,
- Advise political structures and political office bearers of the municipality,
- Manage communications between the municipality's administration and its political structures and political office bearers,
- Oversee the implementation of Council Resolutions,
- Administer and implement municipal by-laws and other legislation,
- Account for municipal income, expenditure and assets,
- Implement national and provincial legislation applicable to the municipality; and
- Facilitate participation by the local community in the affairs of the municipality.